2019 was a monumental year for Spot. We celebrated our 10 year anniversary, welcomed our largest Account Management class of all time, completed the expansion of our Indianapolis office, and more! As we look to another year of growth in 2020, we wanted to take a moment to review our 2019 achievements and to thank our amazing employees, shippers, and carriers for their unwavering support.
10 YEAR ANNIVERSARY
2019 started off with a bang as we celebrated our 10 year anniversary with a week full of traditions from the good old days while recognizing the individuals who have made the largest impact on Spot since our founding in 2009. We kicked off the festivities with our 10 year video premiere.
Check it out here to learn more about the key factors that have defined our success throughout the past 10 years.
We moved on up to the third floor of our Indianapolis headquarters in May and now have an additional 18,000 square feet of space to accommodate our increased hiring efforts and expanding customer base. The new floor includes a bowling alley (Spot Lanes) and a gym, which help to further complement our recruitment and internal employee engagement efforts. See below for a video tour of the space, which was recently recognized by Spaces as one of the most innovative workspaces in Indiana!
COMPANY GROWTH & PEOPLE FOCUS
- 150 new people hired, including our largest Account Management class of all time
- Featured on Selling Power’s “50 Best Companies to Sell For” list
- Recognized by Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business as a top hiring partner for the 2018-2019 school year
- Appeared on the Inc. 5000 list of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies for the sixth time
- Acknowledged 18 of our longest-tenured employees for their 5+ years of service
We launched numerous social media campaigns throughout the year with the goal of engaging prospective employees in finding their spot at Spot (pun intended)! Here’s a few of our favorites:
- Dog Days of Summer – our Spot pups showing off their Spot spirit
- Elf on the Shelf – our very own elf was a crowd favorite throughout the holiday season
- Spot Superlatives – if Spot had a yearbook, who would win Best Dressed, Drama King, & more? We decided to find out!
- See Spot Run – we broke in our new gym with a fitness challenge each week: from rows and running to pushups and sit-ups, we had great intensity from our competitors!
TECHNOLOGY & REAL TIME TRACKING
Shippers across the country now value transparency as one of the most important attributes in their top carrier partners. In order to be on the forefront of this industry trend, Spot now requires all of its carrier partners to provide some form of automated location updates to us while servicing our freight. We were excited to launch 2 new tools to provide shippers with better visibility into their shipments.
- Project44 ELD Integration – Project44 provides an Advanced Visibility PlatformTM utilizing a tractor’s ELD device. Through this connection, Spot is able to garner up-to-date tracking throughout a driver’s trip via the Project44 integration within our proprietary TMS.
- RED DRIVER – Spot’s newly re-launched mobile app (available for both iOS & Android devices) allows for drivers to log the status of their stops with GPS enabled and also verify shipment details upon loading/unloading.
We’re looking forward to even more technology announcements in 2020, including the launch of RED TMS 2.0, a new and improved version of our proprietary transportation management system.
OTHER FUN FACTS
2020 will bring a continued focus on THE SPOT EXPERIENCE: our people, technology, and maintaining strong relationships with our shippers and carriers. Cheers to the New Year!