2018 was a very exciting year for Spot…full of growth, innovation, and achievement. As we look to an even more exciting year in 2019 celebrating our 10 year anniversary, we wanted to take a moment to review the highlights that made 2018 one for the books and to thank our incredible employees, shippers, and carriers for their unwavering support.
Company Growth & People Focus
- 150 new people hired, including our largest Account Management class to date
- Revenue growth of 100%, which is attributed to growth of existing customer accounts and bringing on new customer accounts
- Launched a new website with the help of the amazingly talented team at Studio Science, offering a more user-friendly, “smart” experience with improved navigation and content offerings
- Hosted our first ever Spot Social & Career Open House at our Indianapolis headquarters to give prospective employees a peek into our culture
- Recognized by Indiana University’s Kelley School of Business as a top hiring partner for the 2017-2018 school year
- Acknowledged 10 of our longest-tenured employees for their 5+ years of service
We announced expansions at both of our locations in Indianapolis and Charlotte. In April, we moved into a new space in Charlotte that is seven times larger than our previous office and have plans to hire 75 people in 2019 within a city that offers a vast pool of talent. Our Indianapolis expansion will be completed early this year as we build out the third floor of our downtown office. Keeping the spirit alive from the previous office tenant, Jillian’s Entertainment, the new floor will feature a bowling lane…and even a gym! Both of these expansions will double the size of our current workforce.
Technology…it serves as a large differentiator in the crowded space we operate in. So, living up to one of our core values of technology, we have created our own proprietary software, RED, that’s been designed and developed with our carriers, shippers, and employees in mind. We were excited to launch three new tools in 2018 to make managing loads more efficient and streamlined for carriers.
- RED TRUCKS – a new and improved carrier portal where carriers can accept and reject tenders, search for available loads, respond to spot bid requests, receive notifications on matching shipments, and more.
- RED DRIVER – a mobile app that allows drivers to update their current location, view load details, submit POD’s, and send status of stops.
- Carrier Onboarding Portal – a simple, quick way for new carriers to register to become a Spot carrier.
We’re looking forward to even more technology announcements in 2019 as we continue to make RED a game changer in the industry.
Other Fun Facts
2019 will be all about THE SPOT EXPERIENCE with a continued focus on our people, technology, and maintaining strong relationships with our shippers and carriers. Cheers to the New Year!